Vacation Bible School Kid’s Games 2015
Every year, Reliance Church hosts a free Vacation Bible School that serves to teach kids about Jesus. Last year, we had the opportunity to share the Gospel with over 600 kids, 170 of which made professions of faith. This year, we are expecting that number to grow and invite you to join us in prayer for the various needs.
Take a look below for some specific areas we would like prayer in!
Pray For The Kids:
– Pray that the lost would come by the multitudes
– Pray for the safety of all the kids
– Pray for children with special needs: medically, physically, and mentally
– Pray for the Holy Spirit to open hearts and minds
– Pray that the children would understand the Gospel
– Pray that the children who attend VBS would minister to their parents
– Pray that the parents would be receptive to the Gospel
– Pray for God to move through the time of worship
Pray For the Volunteers:
– Pray for safety of all the volunteers
– Pray for the physical and spiritual strength of the volunteers and leaders
– Pray for sound and media teams
– Pray that the sport coaches will reinforce the teaching
– Pray for the health of all serving and attending (no sickness)
– Pray that the servants would be mindful of the way God is working so that they can
minister to the children
– Pray for the set up and tear down crews
Pray for Pastors and Leaders:
– Pray for Pastor Darius: Message preparation
– Pray for Tami Pena- Children’s Ministry Director
– Pray for “Edge” aka Keith Still: Message preparation
– Pray for small group leaders to be spiritually discerning and equipped to teach the
– Pray the Gospel to be presented clear and simple
Other things to pray for:
– Pray for the weather (no rain, not too hot)
– Pray for the Registration and administration throughout the week
– Pray for check-in and check-out procedures to works well
– Pray God will provide financially in miraculous ways
– Pray for God to be glorified
– Pray for Jesus to be high and lifted up
What an amazing first day at the Reliance Church 2013 Vacation Bible School (VBS). We had over a hundred volunteers who have been working hard for weeks to make this a reality and we are already seeing the fruits of their labor and of God’s provision. Almost 600 kids came out to play games, make new friends, and most importantly, to hear about Jesus. Today was by far the largest children’s outreach we’ve ever done and we’re thrilled to get the opportunity to do it four more times this week! We’re blown away that God is not only using Reliance Church as a way to reach kids from Temecula, Murrieta, and Menifee, but He has also given us the ability to offer this VBS to the community completely free of cost for
John couldn’t believe his luck. Just a few weeks ago, he had been lamenting to a co-worker that he didn’t spend enough time with his family and now here he was with his youngest son Fishing in Alaska!
It all started weeks before when he escorted some clients to the Ducks game on the corporate account, hoping to land a big deal. Usually he enjoyed the “perks” that came with his business, but lately the hours had been adding up.
“In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. The angel went to her and said, ‘Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.’ Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. But the angel said to her, ‘Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.’ ‘How will this be,’ Mary asked the angel, ‘since I am a virgin?’ The angel answered, ‘The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.’” – Luke 1:26-35 (NIV)
a-T.A.C.K. (Thoughtful Acts of Christmas Kindness): Open door for those behind you all day long and tell them, “God bless you.”
“Again the LORD spoke to Ahaz, ‘Ask the LORD your God for a sign, whether in the deepest depths or in the highest heights.’ But Ahaz said, ‘I will not ask; I will not put the LORD to the test.’ Then Isaiah said, ‘Hear now, you house of David! Is it not enough to try the patience of humans? Will you try the patience of my God also? Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.’” – Isaiah 7:10-14 (NIV)
a-T.A.C.K. (Thoughtful Acts of Christmas Kindness): Pick up trash/litter anytime you see it today.
“His father Zechariah was filled with the Holy Spirit and prophesied: ‘Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, because he has come to his people and redeemed them. He has raised up a horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David (as he said through his holy prophets of long ago), salvation from our enemies and from the hand of all who hate us—to show mercy to our ancestors and to remember his holy covenant, the oath he swore to our father Abraham: to rescue us from the hand of our enemies, and to enable us to serve him without fear in holiness and righteousness before him all our days. And you, my child, will be called a prophet of the Most High; for you will go on before the Lord to prepare the way for him, to give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins, because of the tender mercy of our God, by which the rising sun will come to us from heaven to shine on those living in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the path of peace.’ And the child grew and became strong in spirit; and he lived in the wilderness until he appeared publicly to Israel.” – Luke 1:67-80 (NIV)
a-T.A.C.K. (Thoughtful Acts of Christmas Kindness): Send thank you cards to the police and fire stations.